"No Cost" Precautions
• Take Your Keys. Nearly 20% of all vehicles stolen had the
keys in them.
• Lock Your car. Approximately 50% of all vehicle stolen were left unlocked.
• Never Hide a Second Set of Keys in Your Car.
• Park in Well-lighted Areas.
• Park in Attended Lots.
• If You Park in an Attended Lot, Leave Only the Ignition/door Key.
• Never Leave Your Car Running, Even if You'll Only Be Gone for a Minute.
• Completely Close Car Windows When Parking.
• Don't Leave Valuables in Plain View.
• Park With Your Wheels Turned Towards the Curb.
• If Your Vehicle is Rear-Wheel drive, Back Into Your driveway.
• Always Use Your Emergency Brake When Parking.
• If You Have a Garage, Use It.
• When Parking in a Garage, Lock the Garage boor and Your Vehicle.
• Disable Your Vehicle When Leaving it Unattended for an Extended Period.
• Replace "T"-shaped boor Locks With Straight Locks.
• Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
• Engrave Expensive Accessories.
• Drop Business Cards, Address Labels, or Other I.D. Inside Vehicle doors.
In Vehicle Protection
• Ignition Kill Switch.
• Fuel Kill Switch.
• Visible Steering Wheel Lock.
• Floorboard Locks.
• Gearshift Locks.
• Tire/Wheel Locks.
• Hood Locks.
• Armored Collar Around the Steering Column.
• Vehicle Tracking.
Register in the Texas HEAT Program Contact
For more information call North Central Patrol Division at 214-671-0499